A fun, dirty and casual triathlon located in the beautiful north woods of Barnes, Wisconsin
May 26th, 2013- 10:00 A.M.
Mountain Bike - Canoe/Kayak -Trail Run
**Germann/Barnes forest fire did not affect the course.**
- First year sign up has been very low so we will have a first year sign up discount.
- To participate show up between 8-9:15 am on May 26th at Barnes Town Park/Tomahawk Ski Trail and bring $20 in cash.
- Anyone that has previously signed up will receive to discount to match the $20 new rate.
- Lower rate means no awards other than having your place and time listed on the website.
- Prize has been changed to a beautiful custom TriBarnes Beer mug!
There will now be 2 races:
- Beginner 7K Mt. Bike, 5K canoe/kayak, 5.4K trail run total approximate time 1.5 to 2 hours
- Advanced 14k Mt. Bike, 10K canoe/kayak, 5.4K trail run 2.0 to 3.5 hours
Hopefully the 20 will cover 10$ for race insurance, 6$ for commemorative beer mugs, 2$ for Gatorade, 2$ for a celebratory beverage
It’s a very fun course and parking for your car is convenient. I want people to try the course.
Reminder: You must have life jackets, bike helmet and a Mountain Bike is highly recommended. Trail is grassy, hard packed sand with no roots, rocks or soft sand. A mountain bike with gears for going uphill and front suspension are encouraged to help absorb bumps.
I wanted to direct a race that was low-key and fun. I also wanted to expose people to the great lakes and trails in Barnes, Wisconsin. If you have never done a triathlon before, Tri-Barnes is a perfect first race. If you’re a serious racer, then Tri Barnes will be a fun test.
-Kevin Shriver, Race Director